Monday, August 08, 2005

A Great Journey with TSG

I joined TSG since last fall and started as a first tri rep. Afterwards, I became the Executive & Speaker Chair for two trimesters. I consider my experience in TSG a great journey with fantastic people, not only TSG members but also those who help me on the way.

Of course, the work load sometimes is quite heavy, especially with finals or projects. I still remember that I received and replied over 100 emails a time during the early morning. There could be more than 10 cultural dinners during fall or spring. Each dinner requires up to 10 cultures. I enjoyed in doing so. Why? The experience I learned from organizing these events allowed me know more people and observe cultural diversity. Staff from Executive Education Program are some friendly and helpful. The positive energy spread out through our communication. I was encouraged to take more responsibilities and to learn from the mistakes.

During our weekly TSG meeting, we not only share good news but also discuss different issues we are facing. School staff attends our meeting to seek for better communicate toward student body. As an observer (yes, I am not talkative in these meeting, which is abnormal from what I usually do) and a participant, I notice more aspects of cultural diversity and learning experience. Besides, several projects were initialized based on demand from student body or issues we identified. Everyone can take part of them. These practices gave me many insights not only in TSG position but also in class. I had opportunities to talk to different people on campus, and these interactions enhanced my MBA courses in Thunderbird.

Of course, a TSG member would have more responsibilities than other students. You may think that those tasks would cost a lot of time. However, that’s a shortcut to lead you a colorful and vivid student life. Plus, you would absolutely learn a lot of things from those jobs. Once a MBA student told me that “the most important thing you learned in business school may not be from class but from anywhere outside classroom.” I do believe that and keep doing so. Thus, I encourage all of you seek for this great opportunity. You don’t have to involve in TSG. The same experiences could be from any clubs, TAs, or other positions allowing you reach more people on campus. Good luck, and all the best! Thanks again to those people who always tolerate my mistakes and patiently lead me through this great journey. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home