Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Analysis for So Much Fun—Teaching Assistant Experience

Well…before the deadline of assignment N, let me confess first. I admit that I didn’t take professor Sukumar’s ASM (Analysis for Strategic Marketing). That’s why you always saw me in class. I wish to stay on the same page as you all. It’s quite a challenge to be a TA. I would say almost the first time of life. (Last time was during my high school for geography.)

Although my emails and phone calls were increasing dramatically (50 calls and 40 emails before the deadline of assignment or MarkStrat, a simulation game for ASM, decision), I like to work with you all. The more you ask, the better I learn. For example, my concept about the factor analysis is quite solid after 60-70 times of practices. Discussing the strategies and competitive dynamics of your MarkStrat team was a blast. I have the privilege to sharpen my marketing strategies. The interaction in my office hour was as fun as it in class. I am not a SPSS expert, but you help me understand much better. On campus, some of you may stop me for asking questions. Frankly, I never dreamed to be so popular before.

I know that I used some alien languages in some of my review sessions while talking about SPSS. Thanks for your patience. If I am allowed to use Chinese, I can do a better job. The trimester is almost finished. As your TA, I really appreciate your support, Prof. Sukumar’s and Philippe’s help. I like this job and enjoy every moment with you. Wish you all the best. Pass all the exams and assignments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home